Sunday, May 26, 2013

WELCOME!!

Welcome to the Lori's Love-to-Learn Preschool blog! 


I will be teaching a 3-year-old preschool class this 2021-2022 School Year. Please click on the links to right to read the details!


Here you will find everything you need to know about Miss Lori's preschool. Just click each topic on the right to find information on each topic. You are welcome to contact Miss Lori if you have further questions (see contact info under her picture on the left). 

*Note about Covid-19--Please Read: Before you go on, I want to assure you that since we are now dealing with rare circumstances due to a pandemic, I will be taking extra precautions at preschool to keep your child safe. I am hoping by this upcoming school year, the need to wear a mask might be eliminated, but if not, I will wear a mask during preschool. Children are spaced at Circle Time so they aren't sitting right next to one another. Other precautions include: hand sanitizer as your child enters and exits preschool, before snacks and after using the restroom, and any other time I feel it is needed (as well as handwashing). I will also be using cleaner with bleach in it to clean tables and chairs, and even toys as necessary after each preschool day. Also, if children are sick, they will be asked to stay at home. If I am sick, I will cancel preschool and make up the day. Also, if the school district closes public school (as mandated by the Governor), we will discuss whether we feel it is best to do the same to maintain social safety standards to keep your children safe. I will be asking you to sign a waiver of release of responsibility so that I am not held responsible if one of your children get sick. I hope you understand why this is important. I will be doing all I can to keep your child safe, I assure you. If you have other reasonable suggestions, I am happy to accommodate. I feel optimistic we can have a safe, productive and fantastic school year, despite these adjustments. 

Preschool is a very important step in a child's social, emotional, physical and academic development, so choosing the right preschool for your child is not something to take lightly. As a mother of five children, I understand how difficult it can be to find the right fit and to leave your child in someone else's care for an entire school year in the hopes he/she will receive the learning and care needed. I also know that all preschools are not created equal. My goal with this blog is to provide information that helps parents like you understand my teaching philosophies and goals, my educational background, and my policies and procedures so you can see if this preschool is a good fit for your child. 

This year in preschool your child will have many opportunities to learn and grow--academically, socially, physically and more! We will spend a lot of time learning the skills and information needed to help him/her learn a lot of new concepts and skills so the next stage of learning is not such a huge adjustment.

In addition, we will be working on social preparation. This year your child will have opportunities daily to learn to communicate, take turns, share, cooperate, follow instructions, solve problems and more. All of these are important skills needed for life and will help your child be prepared for school. 

Preschool should also be fun!! We have a lot of fun exploring new concepts, reading together, playing together, singing together, and more.


Lastly, preschool is a great time to build self-esteem. Some of the ways we will do this is through Show & Tell, displaying work on monthly bulletin boards, and allowing each child to be the “Star of the Week” a number of times throughout the school year. Each child will have the opportunity of sharing thoughts, talents and ideas, building self esteem and confidence. This aspect of preschool is one I feel passionate about. My goal is for each child to feel unique and valued, to know he/she belongs and has individual strengths and intelligence and the ability to succeed.

Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog and look through the information provided. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at lori.conger@gmail.com or call or text me at 406-860-5769. I look forward to hearing from you!

Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment