Thursday, May 16, 2013

About Lori's Love-to-Learn Preschool


Please check out my 3-year-old classes
(*Note: I will be teaching my 3-year-old class this upcoming school year, although in the future my 4-year-old kindergarten prep class may be available) 


We moved to Cypress, Tx last year and I am so happy to be teaching preschool here! I taught preschool in Kaysville, UT for six years before moving to Montana for a couple of years and then Las Vegas, where I taught, and now I am here in Texas! I first started to teach because I wanted to create a preschool for my own children that was the perfect combination of academic preparedness, social preparedness and fun! After all, preschool should be FUN! These children are young and have years of schooling ahead of them, so although I work hard to use time wisely and have well-prepared lesson plans, each day's time is carefully planned to have just the right amount of learning as well as time to create, to play, to socialize and to have some fun!

I also wanted a preschool for my own children that better prepared them for kindergarten, one that especially helped them get excited for reading. I personally feel reading is one of the most important skills young children will ever learn and I have recognized that some children are ready to start reading by the end of their last year of preschool. My goal is to help them be excited about the world of books and the idea of learning to read. Good readers are good students. I feel if I can give them a little head start or help them gain a little confidence by learning some of the most common words in written language, perhaps a reluctant reader won't be so reluctant. I never push my students; I only encourage and cheer them on, providing fun opportunities to learn at their own pace, celebrating effort and progress.

I like to use a variety of teaching styles in an effort to reach every child. With my background in education, I have years of experience working with young children. I also have knowledge and experience in effective classroom management, creating a positive learning environment and using effective, caring strategies to reach reluctant learners. I work hard to be an effect time-manager, transitioning from one activity to another without wasting time. I genuinely love teaching and hope that is evident in the enthusiasm with which I teach.

Lori's Love-to-Learn Preschool is located in the Bonham Shore neighborhood, in the Parkland Village subdivision of Bridgeland, at 19551 Shady Hike Ln. It is held in the family room upstairs, where I have worked to create a fun, comfortable learning environment. Class sizes are smaller than most, as I cap my classes at 8 students maximum, a standard parents really appreciate.



Bright, fun classroom

Tables spaced for social distancing

Circle Time Area

Toy closet for Free Time

Student Work Displayed each month




No comments:

Post a Comment